Stargazer News for Tuesday, May 26, 2015
This school year is almost complete! It’s time to take care of the last details before the Friday, June 5:
1. Lost and Found items will be donated to charity on Thursday, May 28. Please come to school and check for your missing items before they go!
2. Library Books are due no later than Friday, May 29.
School Community Council Meeting and Elections Meeting Thursday 05/28 @ 2:45p Be there if you care about our North Star Community!
Report Cards and Registration for 2015-16 Look for your report card on Friday, June 5. Inside your report card you will also find:
• Instructions on how to register for the 2015-16 school year (in fall)
• Instructions on how to register for free and reduced lunch (after Wednesday, July 15)
• Your student’s classroom placement for next year
A word on classroom placement Each year, teachers deliberate carefully to determine the best, most successful environment for your student. Consequently, it is no simple task to change assigned classrooms. Formal written requests may be submitted to the Student Services Council, but only after the 2015-16 school year has already begun.
Yearbooks we have a few extra yearbooks. Buy yours at the office for $15!
Thanks to everyone who showed teacher appreciation last week!
North Star Needs YOU!
Volunteer Community Leadership Elections Thursday, May 28
Volunteers are the backbone of the North Star family. Make a difference and make important school decisions. Decide how we spend our money, where we put our priorities, and what can be done to make next year better than ever!
Volunteers can be anyone in the community: parents, grandparents, godparents, other family, or any concerned community member.
Nominate yourself or someone you know who can volunteer. Have your child return your nomination to the office today!